Sandwell Homes is committed to providing the highest possible level of services to the residents, visitors and workers of 61 high-rise blocks, 492 low-rise flatted estates. Our promise is that we will provide a planned three monthly fire inspection rota to all high-rise blocks, and all low-rise blocks with internal communal staircases.
With the diversity of the buildings the three quality monitoring officers will carry out comprehensive audits of each block and its individual components. This will be done with the aid of a rota.
On a rota basis you can expect the communal services team to undertake a comprehensive programme which they will:
- Undertake fire safety checks, taking immediate action where breaches of the Fire Procedures are found.
- Ensure keys are present and locks are in good working order in accordance with the Emergency Services requirements.
- Assess and maintain the fire integrity of the building at all times.
- Check rubbish hoppers, and ensuring chutes are in a serviceable condition.
- Audit services to all communal areas, such as landscapes, pathways and hard standings to ensuring they are free from weeds, rubbish and broken glass.
- Ensure that all repairs to doors, lifts, intercoms and other equipment are reported to the appropriate department for repair.
- Raise any necessary work orders in conjunction to fire safety and pass the orders to the towns repairs centre or janitorial services for completion within 24 hours.
- Carry out post inspections for work passed to the town repairs centres within 48 hours and monitor performance.
- Prepare performance reports in line with the communal Services Inspectors Regular independent spot checks carried out.
- Work in partnership with the janitorial/cleaning and concierge to ensure an excellent service is provided.