Choice Based Lettings
This section of our website provides you with some useful information on areas and past availability within Sandwell.
Properties are allocated in accordance with Sandwell MBC's Housing Allocations Policy. The policy uses a banding system where households are placed into the appropriate band to reflect their level of need or specific housing circumstances.
50% of Houses are short listed by date of oldest registration only, therefore giving members with no priority a genuine opportunity to acquire a property. Of these 50% of registration date houses, 70% will be allocated to Sandwell council tenants currently residing in either a flat or maisonette with the remaining 30% being allocated to households of all property types. In order to be eligible for a house applicants must have a child aged 16 or below living with them for whom they receive child benefit.
For further information on the Choice Based Lettings housing allocations policy and procedures, please select from the Quick Links menu above.
The Six Towns
Sandwell is made up of the following six towns (click link below or town on the map for more information):